I have done many things today, all of them tiny tweaks of html and css. It has been intense, but rewarding. I do enjoy the laser focus of being in this tired state, even if I forget what I was doing if I look away from the screen for a second… I’m also working double time cos I’ve got a couple of days off coming up so I can spend some give with my other half and take Pixie for walkies in the garden. These are my priorities…
It made me think about the things which help in life. There are many of them but they can be hard to reach for, or even remember they exist when my brain is crumbling (like perfect but non-sentient Cheshire cheese).
Things which have been good in the last day or so:
- Ravestation on PS1 (even if I’ve had to buy new, better leads so I can connect the PS2 I’m playing it through to our HD TV. Can’t believe 240p is 20 years old… And the dance mats have been folded for too long and don’t really work any more)
- Impulse buying a new phone
- Finishing off some artwork
- Coming to the end of reading an epic ten book series of 800-odd page novels
- Battlestar Galactica
- Jack Daniels Rye Whisky
- Thanked in the credits of friends’ podcast (a very bright surprise note while I was bumbling along, thanks guys)
- Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life
- Discovering I can just about do a press up without my hand screaming
- This waistcoat
- Building a sweet-as-fuck website
- Receiving great artwork I’ve commissioned
- Seeing a hedgehog
It’s not a bad list. I should probably make them more often.
Tonight I shall try to stay awake for the show.
This is self-help writing, don’t freak out. Plainly I am struggling a little, but scribbling about it will help, eventually.