Thrills and Piratical Spills!
Gaargh, this Saturday’s a proper sack o’ maritime joy!
Derby Speaker’s Corner
First of all I’ll be rising with unusual earlitude to voyage to that renowned place o’ culture and free babble – Derby. I’ll one o’ a gaggle of speakers inauguratin’ the rather damp looking corner (see below). The event starts at 11am (ahar…) and ye cap’n’s tellin’ me least fish-loving and innuendo-laden tales to the fine folks gathered thereabouts at 12.20. I’ll be a-yarnin’ The Dancing Adventure and The Flock of Fear.
Derby Speakers Corner Launch – Saturday 20th October 11am, DerbyMarket Square FREE
- 11.00-11.10 Cllr Ranjit Banwait Opening of Derby’s Speaker’s Corner
- 11.10-11.20 Louise Third Nottingham Speaker’s Corner
- 11.20-11.30 Neil White Singer/songwriter
- 11.30-11.40 Tony Bigissue Peppiatt Comedian
- 11.40-11.50 Peter Bradley Speakers Corners
- 11.50-12.00 1623 Theatre Company Supernatural Shakespeare
- 12.00-12.10 Mik Scarlet Beauty Through Damage
- 12.10-12.20 Delicata Singer/songwriter
- 220.127.116.11 Captain Pigheart Poetry and short stories
- 12.30-12.40 Matt from Karl and the Marx Brothers Singer/songwriter
Oxjam Beeston Takeover 2012
Shortly after that I’ll be turnin’ me literary ship Beeston-wards once more for an afternoon o’ comic marvels. Me good mate and fellow MissImp improviser Nick Parkhouse is compereing an afternoon of fundraising comedy at Latino’s Restaurant in Beeston. In truth tis a blinder of a show. I’ll be yarn-spinning once more (with the usual degree of merwenchery since we’re safely ensconced indoors), and then takin’ up the spontaneous comedy arms with me MissImp comrades for an hour of bemusing buffoonery.
Oxjam Beeston Takeover – Saturday 20th October 3pm, Latinos Restaurant, Beeston. There’s a billion other things going on all day which are accessible for a mere £5 for the whole cursed shebang.